Though many fear and loathe science subject in school, it’s actually a fascinating subject and once you learn to even have the slightest love for it, you will uncover amazing things which will make you fall in love with it forever. Below are some few intriguing piece of information you need to see.
1. There is enough DNA in the average person’s body to stretch from the sun to Pluto and back — 17 times1.
2. It takes a photon up to 40,000 years to travel from the core of the sun to its surface, but only 8 minutes to travel the rest of the way to Earth. If you are wondering what photon is, it is a particle of light defined as a discrete bundle (or quantum) of electromagnetic (or light) energy. Basically and in layman’s terms its what makes up light.
3. There are 8 times as many atoms in a teaspoonful of water as there are teaspoonfuls of water in the Atlantic ocean. incredible, isn’t it?
4. In an entire lifetime, the average person walks the equivalent of five times around the world. Wow! Not so quick, the average person actually spends around 3 years of his life in the bathroom. Yeah! Those 2 or 3 minutes added together make years.
5. The average human body carries ten times more bacterial cells than human cells.
6. Grasshoppers have ears in their bellies. Who even knew this? Check out next time when you come accross.
7. You can’t taste food without saliva. Just try and see it for yourself. You actually tried! Unbelievable.
8. An individual blood cell takes about 60 seconds to make a complete circuit of the body.
9. The known universe is made up of 50,000,000,000 galaxies.
10. Octopuses have three hearts, nine brains, and blue blood
You must have learnt something. At least about the photon. Afterall science never disappoints.